EC Container 5
OneView Commerce, Inc. is an innovative, privately funded and fast-growing retail software provider focused on building a strong team to support our growth plans to become the leading supplier of point of sale and store systems for large retailers. We specialize in retail solutions with a difference by providing the ability for retailers to innovate on demand. OneView is based in Boston and has a management team of industry veterans with experience in all aspects of software operations.
Our differentiator is a new process-based development toolset, which complements our application suite and gives the retailer complete control of the configuration and business process flow of the solution. Using the toolset, business events and actions are understood and managed as visual processes across the enterprise. Our smart design tools and reusable functional libraries mean that application development becomes simply a drag-and-drop exercise.
The candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced start up environment, be team-oriented, have experience with retail point of sale software and have a good understanding of the key drivers that influence the retail marketplace. The candidate will support the pre-sales and implementation activities of our sales and consulting teams and will be presented with many different career opportunities as the company grows. The candidate must be able to work within a Java environment and will have opportunities to work on projects that include phone, hand-held, Swing clients, web applications, and web services all managed by our process driven toolset.
This position will be based in Boston and offers a high energy, flexible work environment. Moderate travel may be required. No relocation can be provided.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Strong Java programming skills including the use of Java 1.5 language features
- Database Development on MSSQL, Oracle or MySQL using SQL and JDBC
- Working knowledge of XML, XML Schema and XSLT
- Working knowledge of at least one J2EE container such as Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere or Weblogic.
- Analytical and problems solving skills
- Effective use of design patterns and unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with at least one J2EE application framework such as Spring, Struts etc
- Team working skills
Qualified Candidates require the following technical background:
- Previous experience working with scalable, multi-threaded business applications
- Experience in developing Workflow systems, CRM, SCM or ERP solutions
- Eclipse development environment
- Build tools such as Ant, Maven
- Using version control system such as SVN, CVS
- SOA and Web Services
- Familiarity with at least one XML to Java binding technology such as JAXB, Castor, JiBX, XMLBeans
- Exposure to OR mapping technologies such as Hibernate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred or related discipline.
- Industry background in retail a preferred.
OneView Commerce is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org